EVENTS EVERY YEAR:
- New Year’s Eve: fireworks take place at the Tamariz beach at midnight – lighting the skies of Estoril to greet in the new year. Fireworks also take place in Lisboa at the Parque das Nações.
- St Anthony’s feast: 13th June. Lisboa celebrates the festival of saints in June. People in colourful costumes each respresenting a borough, parade down Lisboa’s Avenida da Liberdade on the eve of the 13th with dancing and singing. Each borough competes for the prize of the year for best group, best costumes.
- Estoril Handicraft Fair, 49th edition: 26th June to 31st August 2014. Open 6pm-midnight weekdays and 5pm – midnight weekends.Located behind the Estoril Casino. Stalls with handicrafts from the regions and abroad selling various handicrafts. Also open-air restaurants and entertainment in the evenings such as folk dances and singing.
- Festival of the Sea: 15th to 24th August 2014. Cascais celebrates its ties with the sea every year with a Mass, a procession and ending a processing of boats at the bay. This takes place on a Sunday. Live music and folk dances also take place outside the fishermen’s beach in Cascais, outside the Hotel Baia, ending with fireworks. Begins 8.30pm.
- Nos Air Race Championship: 4th to 6th July 2014. Begins 11am. From the Cascais Marina to the Tamariz beach in Estoril. A mix of the Red Bull Air Race and the Reno Air Race (US).
- Sintra Music Festival, 49th edition: 20th June to 11th July 2014. www.festivaldesintra.pt
- Horse showjumping, 10th edition: 10th to 12 July 2014. Longines Global Champions Tour, 2014 Circuit. Hipódromo Municipal Manuel Possolo, Cascais. The best riders in the world will be participating. www.globalchampionstour.com
- Book Fair, Feira do Livro – XXVI edition: 20th July to 5th August 2014. Open 5pm to 11pm. Visconde da Luz, Cascais.
- Sailing regata in Cascais: Cascais Vela 2014: 28th to 31st August 2014. For details www.cncascais.com
- Lisbon & Estoril Film Festival: 7th to 16th November 2014. http://www.leffest.com/pt
- CASINO ESTORIL, Salão Preto e Prata Tel: +351-21-4667700. Lively productions include dance, music. There are performances by Portuguese singers and groups in the Lounge D. of the Estoril Casino beginning from 10.30pm. Entrance is free.
Opening times: Mondays – Tuesdays: 22.12 – 23.30; 00.00-01.15
Wednesdays and Thursdays: 21.45-22.25; 22.50-00.00; 00.30-01.10
Fridays and Saturdays: 21.00.22.15; 22.45-00.00
Sundays: 22.15-23.30; 00.00-01.15
- ROCK IN RIO LISBOA:
Various concerts take place at the Parque de Bela Vista in Lisboa beginning at 4pm.There are buses that go past and the nearest Metro station is ‘Bela Vista’. There are restrictions on what you can take into these grounds so please check when buying your tickets. For further information and tickets visit www.rockinriolisboa.sapo.pt